Friday, April 8, 2011

Brrrr. Its a Chilly Day in Missouri

We had a Huge storm come through in the middle of January. The town had to shut down. Everyone was told to stay home when possible and to stock up on food and water. This week David was gone to Arizona. I was just a little nervous. We were supposed to get hit with an ice storm, then hit hard with 3-4 feet of snow, followed by 20-25 mph winds. We were also supposed to lose our power. We were pretty well prepared. I started to fill our milk jugs and anything else I could find. Went to the store to get some things we might need to survive. The stores were packed and the shelves were starting to empty out. I was surprised to see that most people were more interested in stocking up on beer and soda then some of the more obviously important items. All the chips and salsa were gone along with most of the canned goods. The schools were cancelled for a week. Once the storm initially hit, thereafter, the town felt more like a ghost town. Nobody could be seen anywhere. We watched the snow fall and played games and a so really had a lot of fun together. It was Beautiful outside. We were very lucky that Jefferson City was only hit with the snow, without the ice and wind that was suppose to also hit us. Since david was gone I had to rely on Josh (almost Eagle Scout ) to help me out. We are so blessed to have a young man in our home. He is my greatest help when david is gone.
The kids wanted to play in the snow. We didnt have any snow clothes so we pulled out the plastic bags. Knowing we were going to move to Arizona in a couple of weeks. I didnt want to supply snow clothes for the kiddos. I know bad mommy. Josh wore my coat and Kyndra wore my hat. The boys used their socks for gloves. I ended doing a lot of laundry. They had a blast. And Bella loved it too.






No comments: